Interested in a multi-disciplinary PhD course oriented at cutting-edge fundamental and applied research in Human-centered Artificial Intelligence and its impacts on society?
We value the motivation and propensity to Human-centered AI research & innovation of candidates with diverse background. Be part of the wave of change!
Each year, approximately in late spring, the National Ph.D. in Artificial Intelligence publish a call for students.
Call for Application – Cycle 39 Academic Year 2023-2024
Apply to 51 fully-funded PhD positions at the National PhD in AI – “AI & Society” area or one industrial PhD position.
- Call for application (en) Call for application (it) deadline August 7th, h 13:00 CEST 2023
The English version will be provided soon
The program, at its second edition, is offered by the University of Pisa in collaboration with:
- ISTI-CNR, pisa
- IIT-CNR, Pisa
- Università degli Studi di Firenze
- Università di Siena
- Università di Trento
- Università degli Studi di Bari “Aldo Moro”
- Università di Bologna “Alma Mater Studiorum”
- Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milano
- Università degli Studi di Napoli L’Orientale
- Scuola Normale Superiore
- Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna
- Scuola IMT Lucca
- Gran Sasso Science Institute, L’Aquila
- INFN (National Institute for Nuclear Physics)
- Università de L’Aquila
- Università di Sassari
- Università di Messina
- ILC-CNR, Pisa
and with companies:
There are 52 grants available for the National Ph.D. in Artificial Intelligence for Society, students are able to apply to one ore more grants:
- 51 grants funded by Partner and Associated Universities and Institutions
- 1 grant co-funded by Energee3 srl
- abstract of the scholarships
The PhD program is co-funded by:
- Ministry of University and Research and CNR – Italian National Research Council under the PhD-AI.it project (Dottorato Nazionale di Intelligenza Artificiale)
- European Union under the NextGenerationEU program (PNRR, Piano Nazionale di Ripresa e Resilienza)
- The PNRR project FAIR – Future Artificial Intelligence Research
The “AI & Society” PhD is part of the Italian National PhD Program in Artificial Intelligence PhD-AI.it, made of 5 federated PhD courses that bring together 61 universities and research institutions. The 5 PhD courses share a common basis in the foundations and developments of AI, and each one has an area of specialisation in a strategic sector of AI application. Each PhD course is organized by a lead university, in collaboration with the National Research Council of Italy – CNR:
- Health and life sciences, Università Campus Bio-Medico di Roma
- Agrifood and environment, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II
- Security and cybersecurity, Sapienza Università di Roma
- Industry 4.0, Politecnico di Torino
- Society, Università di Pisa
Links to the calls for admissions to all the 5 PhD courses are made available here.
The institutions of PhD-AI.it are core members of the four European networks of AI excellence centers of the ICT-48 program of the EU:
and of the EU Research Infrastructure for Social Mining and Big Data SoBigData, providing a top-level international ecosystem for the PhD experience.